PROFESSOR DR. BASSIM H. HAMEED
Qualifications: B.Sc. (Baghdad), Ph.D. (Salford)
Expertise: Reaction Engineering, Biofuels, Adsorption Process, Activated Carbon, Environmental Catalysis
- Y. Syamsuddin, b, M.N. Murat, B.H. Hameed, Synthesis of fatty acid methyl ester from the transesterification of high-and low–acid-content crude palm oil (Elaeis guineensis) and karanj oil (Pongamia pinnata) over a calcium-lanthanum-aluminum mixed-oxides catalyst, Bioresource Technology, 214 (2016) 248-252.
- M.A. Islam, M. Auta, G. Kabir, B.H. Hameed, A thermogravimetric analysis ofthe combustion kinetics of karanja (Pongamia pinnata) fruit hulls char, Bioresource Technology 200 (2016) 335-341.
- Y. Syamsuddin, B.H. Hameed, Synthesis of glycerol free-fatty acid methyl esters from Jatropha oil over Ca-La mixed-oxide catalyst, Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers 58 (2016) 181-188.
- H. Amani, M. Asif, B.H. Hameed, Transesterification of waste cooking palmoil and palm oil to fatty acid methyl ester using cesium-modified silica catalyst, Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers 58 (2016) 226-234.
- Assia Benhouria, Md. Azharul Islam, H. Zaghouane-Boudiaf, M. Boutahala, B.H. Hameed, Calcium alginate–bentonite–activated carbon composite beads as highly effective adsorbent for methylene blue, Chemical Engineering Journal, 270 (2015) 621-630.
- Sustainable production of high quality bio-oil and chemicals from in-situ catalytic flash pyrolysis of lignocellulosic biomass available in Malaysia.
- Development of highly-active and reusable structured catalyst for the conversion of glycerol as by-product from biodiesel production to value-added glycerol carbonate.
- Mechanism of glycerol-free biodiesel synthesis by transesterification of triglyceride with dimethyl carbonate over heterogeneous catalysts.
- Synthesis and characterization of mixed-oxides (Cr, W, Tu, Mn) catalysts to produce FAME from palm fatty acid distillate, non-edible and waste cooking oils.
- Development of mesostructured heterogeneous catalysts for synthesis of biodiesel from non-edible oil of Jatropha by a continuous process.
- Ordered mesoporous carbons and its alginate composite adsorbents: syntheses, characterizations and adsorption performances for methylene blue, chloramphenicol and riboflavin.
- Fixed bed adsorption of carbon dioxide on modified granular coconut activated carbon
- Transesterification of glycerol with dimethyl carbonate over barium and calicum mixed oxide catalyst
- Modified clay supported Ferrioxalate catalysts for the degradation of phenol, 4-nitrophenol and amoxicillin using Photo-Fenton process