DR. KHAIRIAH ABD. KARIM
Qualifications: B.Eng. (USM), M.Sc. (UMIST), Ph.D. (Manchester)
Expertise: Plant Cell & Tissue Culture Technology, Metabollic Engineering
- Fadzil Noor Gonawan, Mohamad Zailani Abu Bakar, Khairiah Abd Karim and Azlina Harun Kamaruddin, “The effect of transmembrane pressure and feed flow rate on transgalactosylation of lactose in an enzymatic membrane reactor”, RSC Advances (2016), 6, 59865-59874.
Fadzil Noor Gonawan, Azlina Harun Kamaruddin, Mohamad Zailani Abu and Khairiah Abd Karim, “Simultaneous Adsorption and Fixation of Aspergillus oryzae β-Galactosidase on Polyelectrolyte-Layered Polysulfone Hollow-Fiber Membrane”, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research (2015), 55 (1): 21–29.
Siti Fatihah Salleh, Azlina Kamaruddin, Mohamad Hekarl Uzir, Khairiah Abd Karim, Abdul Rahman Mohamed, “Investigation of the links between heterocyst and biohydrogen production by diazotrophic cyanobacterium Anabaena variabilis ATCC 29413”, Archives of Microbiology (2015) 198:101–113.
- Huzairy Hassan and Khairiah Abd Karim, “Optimization of Alpha Amylase Production from Rice Straw using Solid-State Fermentation of Bacillus subtilis”, International Journal of Science, Environment and Technology (2015), 4(1): 1-16.
- Huzairy Hassan and Khairiah Abd Karim, “Utilization of Agricultural By-Products for Alpha-Amylase Production under Solid State Fermentation by Bacillus subtilis”, Engineering Journal (2012), 16(5): 176-185.
- Development and Verification of an In Silico Genome-Scale Metabolic Model for Kluyveromyces marxianus ATCC 26548 on Ethanol Production
- Synergistic Response of Pogostemon cablin (Blanco) Benth Cell Suspension Cultures to Precursor Feeding and Elicitation Towards the Production of Patchouli Alcohol
- Response of Kluyveromyces Marxianus against Osmotic Stress: Kinetics,Mechanism and Characterization during Very High Gravity Bioethanol Fermentation
- Mohamad Fahrurrazi Tompang (on-going): Development and Verification of an In Silico Genome-Scale Metabolic Model for Kluyveromyces marxianus ATCC 26548 on Ethanol Production
- Fatin Izzatie Mazlan (on-going): Effect of precursor addition and elicitation on the production of patchouli oil by Pogostemon cablin cell suspension cultures
- Izzatie Ahmad Fuad (on-going): Production of laccase from Pycnoporus sanguineus: An evaluation of the physical–chemical parameters using agroindustrial wastes as supports
- Nurul Syifa Mohd Zailan (ongoing): Response of Kluyveromyces Marxianus against Osmotic Stress: Kinetics, Mechanism and Characterization during Very High Gravity Bioethanol Fermentation