PROFESSOR DR. LEE KEAT TEONG
Qualifications: B.Eng., Ph.D. (USM)
Expertise: Energy Environment, Reaction Engineering, Waste Utilization, Renewable Energy
Current Position: Director (Research Creativity & Management Office), Director (International Collaboration)
- Teh, Yong Yi, Lee, Keat Teong, Chen, Wei-Hsin, Lin, Shih-Cheng, Sheen, Herng-Kuang, & Tan, Inn Shi (2017). Dilute sulfuric acid hydrolysis of red macroalgae Eucheuma denticulatum with microwave-assisted heating for biochar production and sugar recovery,Bioresource Technology. 246: 20-27. [https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2017.07.101]
- Chng, Lee Muei, Lee, Keat Teong, & Chan, Derek Juinn Chieh (2017). Synergistic effect of pretreatment and fermentation process on carbohydrate-rich Scenedesmus dimorphus for bioethanol production,Energy Conversion and Management. 141: 410-419. [https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2016.10.026]
- Chng, Lee Muei, Chan, Derek Juinn Chieh, & Lee, Keat Teong (2016). Sustainable production of bioethanol using lipid-extracted biomass from Scenedesmus dimorphus,Journal of Cleaner Production. 130: 68-73. [https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.02.016]
- Khoo, Choon Gek, Lam, Man Kee, & Lee, Keat Teong (2016). Pilot-scale semi-continuous cultivation of microalgae Chlorella vulgaris in bubble column photobioreactor (BC-PBR): Hydrodynamics and gas–liquid mass transfer study,Algal Research. 15: 65-76. [https://doi.org/10.1016/j.algal.2016.02.001]
- Tan, Inn Shi & Lee, Keat Teong (2016). Comparison of different process strategies for bioethanol production from Eucheuma cottonii: An economic study,Bioresource Technology. 199: 336-346. [https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2015.08.008]
- Hydrothernal Based-Bio-refinery for Production of Biofuels from Microalgae. (FRGS-MRSA 2016, Jun 2017 – May 2019)
- Conversion of Microalgae to Biochars via Hydrothermal Carbonization. (USM-Short Term, Apr 2017 – Mar 2019)
- Production of Third Generation Bioethanol via Hydrolysis of Macroalgae (Seaweed) Using Heterogeneous Catalyst. (USM-RU, Feb 2013 – Oct 2016)
- Production of third generation biocrudes from hydrothermal liquefaction process.
- Semi-continuous cultivation of microalga Chlorella vulgaris in a pilot-scale bubble column photobioreactor.
- Effect of yeast and fermentation process in bioethanol production from Scenedesmus Dimorphus microalga biomass.
- Dilute sulfuric acid hydrolysis of red microalgae Eucheuma denticulatum with microwave-assisted heating for biochar production and sugar recovery.
- Biodiesel production from Jatropha Curcas L. oil using supercritical methyl acetate and methanol process.
- Second-generation biofuel from lignocellulosic residues.