ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR DR. LIM JIT KANG
Qualifications: B.Eng. (USM), M.Sc., Ph.D. (Carnegie Mellon)
Expertise: Magnetophoresis of nanostructured magnetic colloid, Colloidal-based localized surface plasmon resonance, Colloidal stability and dispersion, Electroosmosis and dielectrophoresis of colloidal particles
- S.S. Leong, Z. Ahmad, J.K. Lim, “Magnetophoresis of superparamagnetic nanoparticles at low field gradient: hydrodynamic effect”, Soft Matter 11 (2015) 6968—6980.
- P.Y. Toh, B.W. Ng, A.L. Ahmad, C.J.C. Derek, J.K. Lim, “The role of particle-to-cell interactions in dictating the nanoparticle aided magnetophoretic separation of microalgal cell”, Nanoscale 6 (2014) 12838—12848.
- S.P. Yeap, S.S. Leong, A.L. Ahmad, B.S. Ooi, J.K. Lim, “On size fractionation of iron oxide nanoclusters by low magnetic field gradient”, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 118 (2014) 24042—24054.
- H.X. Che, S.P. Yeap, M.S. Osman, A.L. Ahmad, J.K. Lim, “Directed assembly of bifunctional silica-iron oxide nanocomposite with open shell structure”, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 6 (2014) 16508—16518.
- J.K. Lim, S.A. Majetich (invited article), “Composite magnetic-plasmonic nanoparticles for biomedicine: Manipulation and imaging”, Nano Today 8 (2013) 98—113.
- Low gradient magnetic separation (LGMS) of microalgae
- Hydrodynamic effects on magnetophoresis at low field gradient
- Magnetic nanohybrid materials: Pickering emulsion and silica-core, iron oxide-shell particles
- Yeap Swee Pin (2016): Magnetophoresis of poly(sodium 4- styrenesulfonate)/Fe3O4 clusters: The influences of colloidal stability
- Che Hui Xin (on-going): Silica-core, iron oxide-shell magnetic colloid for water treatment: Effect of viscoelastic properties of polyelectrolyte adlayer
- Leong Sim Siong (on-going): Hydrodynamic effects on low field gradient magnetophoresis of superparamagnetic nanoparticle
- Chai Chuan Chun (2016): Influences of suspended solid and natural organic matter on magnetophoretic separation of microalgae from fish farm water
- Tham Foo Kean (on-going): Magnetic pickering emulsion
- Ng Wei Ming (on-going): Self-swimming vs guided motion under low gradient magnetophoresis of motile microalgae