ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR DR. MOHAMAD HEKARL UZIR
Qualifications: B.Eng. (Leeds), M.Sc., DIC. (Imperial), Ph.D. (London)
Expertise: Biocatalysis, Biotransformation, Fermentation, Steady-State Analysis, Bifurcation Theory
- Fadzil Noor Gonawan, Lau Sie Yon, Azlina Harun Kamaruddin, Mohamad Hekarl Uzir, (2013), Effect of Co-solvent Addition on the Reaction Kinetics of the Lipase-Catalyzed Resolution of Ibuprofen Ester, Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, No. 4, Vol. 88, 672- 679.
- Lau S. Y., Fadzil N. G, Kamaruddin A. H. and Uzir M. H., (2013), Enzymatic Deracemization of (R,S)-Ibuprofen Ester via Lipase catalyzed Membrane Reactor, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, No. 27, Vol. 52, 9441–9453.
- Fadzil Noor Gonawan, Lau Sie Yon, Azlina Harun Kamaruddin, Mohamad Hekarl Uzir, (2014), Rapid Base-Catalyzed Racemization of (R)-Ibuprofen Ester in 2 Isooctane−Dimethyl Sulfoxide Medium with Improved Kinetic Model, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, No. 2, Vol. 53, 635-642.
- Khor Guat Kheng, Mohamad Hekarl Uzir, (2011), Saccharomyces cerevisiae as a Potential Stereospecific Reduction Tool for Biotransformation of Monoterpenoids. Yeast, No. 2, Vol. 28, 93–107.
- Aimi Aishah Ariffin, Mashitah Mat Don, Mohamad Hekarl Uzir, (2011), Baker's Yeast-Mediated Biotransformation of Geraniol into Citronellol Using a Continuous-Closed-Gas-Loop Bioreactor (CCGLB) System. Biochemical Engineering Journal. No. 1, Vol. 56, 219-224.
- Synthesizing precursor for tapentadol production through biotransformation.
- Investigating the effect of cofactor recycling in a bi-enzymatic bioconversion system.
- Designing new breed of bioreactor for biotransformation of fine chemicals for food and drugs industries.
- Modelling and Simulation of Membrane Bioreactor for S-Ibuprofen Production Pilot Plant.
- The Biotransformation of cis/trans 3,7-dimethyl-2,6-octadien-1-ol Mediated by Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- The Effect of Different Solvent on the Downstream Process of S- Ibuprofen Production.
- Optimising the Production of Chiral Alcohol for Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARB) Synthesis via Aspergillus niger-Catalysed Biotransformation of 1-4-Bromo-phenyl-ethanone