ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR DR. MOHD AZMIER AHMAD
Qualifications: B.Eng., M.Sc. (USM), Ph.D. (UM)
Expertise: Activated Carbon, Carbon Molecular Sieves (CMS), CMS Membrane, Adsorption, Pyrolysis, Waste/Biomass Utilization
- M.A. Ahmad, N.S. Afandi, O.S. Bello (2016). Optimization and batch studies on adsorption of malachite green dye using rambutan seed activated carbon, Desalination and Water Treatment, In press.
- M.A. Ahmad, N. Ahmad, O.S. Bello (2015). Removal of Remazol Brilliant Blue reactive dye from aqueous solutions using watermelon rinds as adsorbent, Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, 36(6), 845-858 (ISI-Cited Publication).
- M.A. Ahmad, N. Ahmad, O.S. Bello (2015). Adsorption kinetic studies for the removal of synthetic dye using durian seed activated carbon, Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, 36(5), 670-684 (ISI-Cited Publication).
- M.A. Ahmad, N. Ahmad, O.S. Bello (2015). Modified durian seed as adsorbent for the removal of methyl red dye from aqueous solutions, Applied Water Science, 5(4), 407-423 (ISI-Cited Publication).
- M.A. Ahmad, O.S. Bello, B. Semire (2015). Scavenging malachite green dye from aqueous solutions using pomelo (Citrus grandis) peels: Kinetic, equilibrium and thermodynamic studies, Desalination and Water Treatment, 56(2), 521-535.Synthesizing precursor for tapentadol production through biotransformation.
- Microwave-assisted activated carbon from agrowastes for dyes, heavy metals and pesticide removal.
- Carbon molecular sieve for gas separation.
- Pyrolysis of wastes for solid fuel/char production..Modelling and Simulation of Membrane Bioreactor for S-Ibuprofen Production Pilot Plant.
- Wan Nurul Huda Wan Zainal (2015). Carbon membranes derived from polymer blend of polyetherimide and polyethlene glycol for gas separation.
- Muhammad Azan Tamar Jaya (on-going). Preparation of hollow fiber carbon molecular sieve (CMS) membranes for gas permeation study.
- Mohamad Firdaus Mohamad Yusop (on-going). Preparation of carbon adsorbent from wastes for dyes, heavy metals and pesticide removal.
- Nur Izzatul Akmal Mohd Zaki (2015). Equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic of dyes adsorption on biomass based activated carbon.
- Nga Eng Yew (2014). Agrowaste based carbon adsorbent for dyes removal: equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic studies.
- Nur Syahidah Afandi (2014). Activated carbon from musk lime peel and rambutan seed for dyes removal.