ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR DR. MOHD AZMIER AHMAD
Qualifications: B.Eng., M.Sc. (USM), Ph.D. (UM)
Expertise: Activated Carbon, Carbon Molecular Sieves (CMS), CMS Membrane, Adsorption, Pyrolysis, Waste/Biomass Utilization
- W.N.H.W. Zainal, S.H. Tan, M.A. Ahmad (2017). Carbon membranes prepared from a polymer blend of polyethylene glycol and polyetherimide, Chemical Engineering & Technology, 40(1), 94-102.
- Musa, P.C. Han, F.H. Kasim, S.C.B. Gopinath, M.A. Ahmad (2017), Turning oil palm empty fruit bunch waste into substrate for optimal lipase secretion on solid state fermentation by Trichoderma strains, Process Biochemistry, 63, 35-41.
- M.A. Ahmad, N.S. Afandi, O.S. Bello (2016). Optimization and batch studies on adsorption of malachite green dye using rambutan seed activated carbon, Desalination and Water Treatment, 57(45), 21487-21511.
- M.A. Ahmad, N. Ahmad, O.S. Bello (2015). Removal of Remazol Brilliant Blue reactive dye from aqueous solutions using watermelon rinds as adsorbent, Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, 36(6), 845-858.
- M.A. Ahmad, N. Ahmad, O.S. Bello (2015). Adsorption kinetic studies for the removal of synthetic dye using durian seed activated carbon, Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, 36(5), 670-684.
- Production of microwave-assisted carbon adsorbent for wastewater treatment.
- Production of carbon molecular sieve for gas separation.
- Pyrolysis of biomass/agrowaste for solid fuel/char production.
- Development of hollow fiber carbon membranes from polymer for gas separation.
- Synthesis of activated carbon from hard wood by microwave heating for dyes removal: Equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic studies.
- Functionalized adsorbent from biomass/agrowaste for heavy metals removal
- Equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic of dyes adsorption on biomass based activated carbon.
- Activated carbon from biomass/agrowaste prepared via microwave irradiated for dye removal.
- Modified polymeric adsorbent for dye removal.