PROFESSOR DR. MOHD AZMIER AHMAD
Qualifications: B.Eng., M.Sc. (USM), Ph.D. (UM)
Expertise: Activated Carbon, Carbon Molecular Sieves (CMS), CMS Membrane, Adsorption, Pyrolysis, Waste/Biomass Utilization
- Khasri, O.S. Bello, M.A. Ahmad (2018). Mesoporous activated carbon from Pentace species sawdust via microwave-induced KOH activation: optimization and methylene blue adsorption, Research on Chemical Intermediates (In press) (doi: 10.1007/s11164-018-3452-7)
- A. Ahmad, N. Ahmad, O.S. Bello (2018). Statistical optimization of adsorption process for removal of synthetic dye using watermelon rinds, Modeling Earth Systems and Environment (In press) (doi:10.1007/s40808-017-0269-0).
- N.H.W. Zainal, S.H. Tan, M.A. Ahmad (2017). Carbon membranes prepared from a polymer blend of polyethylene glycol and polyetherimide, Chemical Engineering & Technology, 40(1), 94-102
- Musa, P.C. Han, F.H. Kasim, S.C.B. Gopinath, M.A. Ahmad (2017), Turning oil palm empty fruit bunch waste into substrate for optimal lipase secretion on solid state fermentation by Trichoderma strains, Process Biochemistry, 63, 35-41.
- A. Ahmad, N.S. Afandi, O.S. Bello (2017). Optimization of process variables by response surface methodology for malachite green dye removal using lime peel activated carbon, Applied Water Science, 7, 717-727.
- Production of microwave-assisted carbon adsorbent for wastewater treatment.
- Production of carbon molecular sieve for gas separation.
- Pyrolysis of biomass/agrowaste for solid fuel/char production.
- Development of hollow fiber carbon membranes from polymer for gas separation.
- Synthesis of activated carbon from hard wood by microwave heating for dyes removal: Equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic studies.
- Functionalized adsorbent from biomass/agrowaste for heavy metals removal
- Equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic of dyes adsorption on biomass based activated carbon.
- Activated carbon from biomass/agrowaste prepared via microwave irradiated for dye removal.
- Modified polymeric adsorbent for dye removal.