ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR DR. OOI BOON SENG
Qualifications: B. Eng. (UTM), Ph.D. (USM)
Expertise: Functional Polymeric Membrane, Composite membrane for fouling mitigation, Product recovery from waste using membrane technology, Integrated and energy efficient membrane technology for Water reclamation
- J. J. Beh, E. P. Ng, J. Y. Sum, B. S. Ooi (2018) Thermodynamics and kinetics control of support layer synthesis for enhanced thin film composite membrane performance, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, DOI: 10.1002/app.45802
- J.Y. Sum, J.J. Beh, A.L. Ahmad, B.S. Ooi (2018) Enhancing the solvent-dendrimer miscibility at the interface and its impact on the thin film composite membrane, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, DOI: 10.1016/j.jiec.2017.09.031
- Ngang, H., Ahmad, A., Low, S., & Ooi, B. (2017). Preparation of thermoresponsive PVDF/SiO 2-PNIPAM mixed matrix membrane for saline oil emulsion separation and its cleaning efficiency. Desalination, 408, 1-12.
- Ngang, H., Ahmad, A., Low, S., & Ooi, B. (2017). Adsorption-Desorption Study of Oil Emulsion towards Thermo-Responsive PVDF/SiO 2-PNIPAM Composite Membrane. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering.
- Susan, L., Ismail, S., Ooi, B., & Mustapa, H. (2017). Surface morphology of pvdf membrane and its fouling phenomenon by crude oil emulsion. Journal of Water Process Engineering, 15, 55-61.
- Membrane distillation for desalination
- Forward osmosis with low fouling propensity
- Thermoresponsive hydrogel for wastewater applications
- Preparation and Characterization of Mixed Matrix Membrane via in Situ Colloidal Precipitation Method for Humic Acid Removal
- Synthesis of thermos-responsive PVDF/SiO2-PNIPAM Composite Membrane for salty oil emulsion separation
- Synthesis of TiO2-PVDF Membrane Distillation Via Facile dual coagulation bath method with low wetting and fouling resistance properties
- Membrane distillation for nanoparticle separation, 2015
- Nanofiltration Membrane for water Purification: Pretreatment and its fouling phenomena, 2013
- Synthesis of copolymer poly(n-isopropylacrylamide-co-acrylic acid) hydrogels as adsorbent for copper (II) ions removal via polymer enhanced ultrafiltration