PROFESSOR DR. MOHD AZMIER AHMAD
Qualifications: B.Eng., M.Sc. (USM), Ph.D. (UM)
Expertise: Activated Carbon, Carbon Molecular Sieves (CMS), CMS Membrane, Adsorption, Pyrolysis, Waste/Biomass Utilization
- M.F.M. Yusop, M.A. Ahmad, N.A. Rosli, M.E.A. Manaf (2021). Adsorption of cationic methylene blue dye using microwave-assisted activated carbon derived from acacia wood: Optimization and batch studies, Arabian Journal of Chemistry, 14(6), 103122.
- M.A. Al-Maari, M.A. Ahmad, A.T.M. Din, H. Hassan, A.M. Alsobaai (2021). Co-pyrolysis of oil palm empty fruit bunch and oil palm frond with low-density polyethylene and polypropylene for bio-oil production, Arabian Journal of Chemistry, 14(8), 103282.
- W.N.H.W. Zainal, S.H. Tan, M.A. Ahmad (2021), Controlled carbonization heating rate for enhancing CO2 separation, Periodica Polytechnica-Chemical Engineering, 65(1), 97-104.
- N.A. Ahammad, M.A. Zulkifli, M.A. Ahmad, B.H. Hameed, A.T.M. Din (2021). Desorption of chloramphenicol from ordered mesoporous carbon-alginate beads: Effects of operating parameters, and isotherm, kinetics, and regeneration studies, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering 9(1), 105015.
- A.A. Ahmad, M.A. Ahmad, N.K.E.M. Yahaya, J. Karim (2021). Adsorption of malachite green by activated carbon derived from gasified Hevea Brasiliensis root, Arabian Journal of Chemistry, 14(4), 103104.
- Khasri, M.R.M. Jamir, A.A. Ahmad, M.A. Ahmad (2021). Adsorption of Remazol Brilliant Violet 5R dye from aqueous solution onto Melunak and Rubberwood sawdust based activated carbon: Interaction mechanism, isotherm, kinetic and thermodynamic properties, Desalination and Water Treatment, 216, 401-411.
- N.A. Ahamaad, M.F.M. Yusop, A.T.M. Din, M.A. Ahmad (2021). Preparation of Alpinia Galanga stem based activated carbon via single-step microwave irradiation for cationic dye removal, Sains Malaysiana, 50(8), 2249-2267.
- Production of microwave-assisted carbon adsorbent for wastewater treatment.
- Production of carbon molecular sieve for gas separation.
- Pyrolysis of biomass/agrowaste for solid fuel/char production.
- Mohamad Nasran: Development of low-cost adsorbent for EDC removal in urban wastewater effluent.
- Asaad Salim Bded Alibraheemi: Transportation of waxy crude oils at low temperatures.
- Erniza Mohd Johan Jaya, Removal of emerging contaminant and heavy metals in aqueous solution via adsorption process.
- Md Mamoon Rashid: Development of abundant metal catalysts.
- Mohammad Salem Abdullah Nemat Alhwaiti, Advanced of solid adsorbent technologies for treatment industrial mine wastewater discharges from Jordan Phosphate Mines.
- Mukarram Zubair, Engineered biochar functionalized with layered double hydroxide and CNC/chitosan for dye water purification.
- Nik Iqbal Bin Nik Ismail: Green synthesis and characterization of silver nanoparticle.
- Mohammed Abobakr Salem Al-Maari: Study on co-pyrolysis of oil palm empty fruit bunch with low-density polyethylene for bio-oil production.
- Nurlailah Abdillah: Development of total maximum daily load (TMDL) for Putat River as an approach for management of river water quality.