ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR DR. TAN SOON HUAT
Qualifications: B.Eng., M.Eng. (UTM), Eng.D. (Sejong)
Expertise: Purification and Functionalization of Carbon Nanotubes and Their Application to Polymer Composites, Pervaporation Separation
- Ong, Y. T.; Tan, S. H., Pervaporation Separation of a Ternary Azeotrope Containing Ethyl Acetate, Ethanol and Water Using a Buckypaper Supported Ionic Liquid Membrane. Chem. Eng. Res. Des. 2016, 109, 116-126.
- Ong, Y. T.; Tan, S. H., Synthesis of the Novel Symmetric Buckypaper Supported Ionic Liquid Membrane for the Dehydration of Ethylene Glycol by Pervaporation. Sep. Purif. Technol. 2015, 143, 135-145.
- Shuit, S. H.; Tan, S. H., Biodiesel Production via Esterification of Palm Fatty Acid Distillate Using Sulphonated Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes as a Solid Acid Catalyst: Process Study, Catalyst Reusability and Kinetic Study. BioEnergy Res. 2015, 8, (2), 605-617.
- Shuit, S. H.; Ng, E. P.; Tan, S. H., A Facile and Acid-free Approach towards the Preparation of Sulphonated Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes as a Strong Protonic Acid Catalyst for Biodiesel Production. J. Taiwan Inst. Chem. Eng. 2015, 52, 100-108.
- Yee, K. F.; Ong, Y. T.; Mohamed, A. R.; Tan, S. H., Novel MWCNT-Buckypaper/Polyvinyl Alcohol Asymmetric Membrane for Dehydration of Etherification Reaction Mixture: Fabrication, Characterisation and Application. J. Membr. Sci. 2014, 453, 546-555.
- Mixed Matrix Membranes for Pervaporation
- Pervaporation Based Hybrid Process
- Electrospun Membranes for Pervaporation
- Studies on the Sulfonated Carbon Nanotubes Catalyst and Membrane Reactor for Biodiesel Production (Completed)
- Syntesis of Buckypaper Supported Ionic Liquid Membrane for Pervaporation Process (Completed)
- Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes as Pervaporation Buckypaper Membranes and Catalysts for Etherification Reaction (Completed)
- Modification of Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes for Pervaporation Nanocomposite Membrane (Completed)
- Poly(vinyl alcohol) Functionalized Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes/Chitosan Membranes for Dehydration of Acetone via Pervaporation (Completed)
- Purification of the Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes (MWCNTs) and the Application of the 3R (Reduce, Reuse and Recycle) Concept on the Chitosan/MWCNTs Nanocomposites (Completed)