ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR DR. VEL MURUGAN VADIVELU
Qualifications: B.Eng., M.Sc. (USM), Ph.D. (Queensland)
Expertise: Solid Waste and Wastewater Treatment Technology, Environmental Engineering
- Vjayan, V.M. Vadivelu. 2017. Effect of famine-phase reduced aeration on olyhydroxyalkanoate accumulation in aerobic granules. Bioresource Technology. 245, pg. 970-976.
- Gobi, V.M. Vadivelu. 2017. Effect of Triglyceride Addition on Oxygen Uptake, Carbon Metabolism, and Polyhydroxyalkanoate Accumulation in Aerobic Granules. Clean – Soil, Air, Water 2017, 45
- Gobi, V.M. Vadivelu. 2015. Polyhydroxyalkanoate recovery and effect of in situextracellular polymeric substances removal from aerobic granules. Bioresource Technology. 189, pg. 169-176.
- Gobi, V.M. Vadivelu. 2015. Dynamics of polyhydroxyalkanoate accumulation in aerobic granules during the growth-disintegration cycle. Bioresource Technology. 196, pg. 731-735.
- Lim J X, V.M. Vadivelu. 2014. Treatment of agro based industrial wastewater in sequencing batch reactor: Performance evaluation and growth kinetics of aerobic biomass. Journal of Environmental Management. 146 pg. 217-225.
- Study on Biopolymer Accumulation in Aerobic Granules Developed from Agrobased Industrial Wastewater.
- Inhibitory effects of ammonium and nitrite on the performance of wastewater treatment plant.
- Study on the mechanism to minimize the greenhouse gases release from the biological treatment of palm oil mill effluent.
- Accumulation and Extraction of Polyhydroxyalkanoate from Aerobic Granules Treating Palm Oil Mill Effluent
- Kinetic Evaluation of Biomass Treating Anaerobically Treated Palm Oil Mill Effluent using Sequencing Batch Reactor.
- Nitrogen Removal from Wastewater using Anammox Process: Study of Starvation and Inhibition on Anammox Biomass.
- Electricity Generation using Biological Treatment Process of Dewatered Sludge in Microbial Fuel Cell.
- Starvation and Reactivation of Nitrogen Removing Bacteria: Comparison Between Floccular and Granular Biomass
- Growth Kinetic Evaluation of Aerobic Biomass in Treatment of Palm Oil Mill Wastewater using Sequencing Batch Reactor
- Pre-treatment of Waste Activated Sludge from Wastewater Treatment Plant for Microbial Fuel Cell Application