The second visit was a delegation led by Dr Yamuna Munusamy Head of Department of Petrochemical Engineering, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman on 9th of July 2013. The visit focused on knowledge sharing and quality benchmarking, especially in accreditation related matters, as practised by SCE.
- Prof. Abdul Latif Ahmad for winning the 2012 TWAS Prize in Engineering Sciences for his contribution to sustainable environmental protection and the health care of developing countries via membrane-based technology.
- Prof. Abdul Rahman Mohamed for winning the Science & Technology Award from Malaysia Toray Science Foundation for his outstanding contribution in the field of science and technology in Malaysia.
- Assoc. Prof. Lee Keat Teong for winning the IFIB Young Scientist Award for his outstanding research contribution in the area of renewable energy.
- Prof. Abdul Latif Ahmad, Prof. Abdul Rahman Mohamed & Assoc. Prof. Lee Keat Teong for being among the list of 27 Top Research Scientists Malaysia recognized by the Academy of Sciences Malaysia (ASM).
Undergraduate students from the School of Chemical Engineering has again made the school proud by winning multiple awards for their invention “CRUSTAGANT – Biodegradable and Natural Floc-Sorb from Biomass Waste” at The British Invention Show which was held in London, UK in October 2012. The team comprised of HOO PENG YONG, AZRINA BINTI MOHAMED ISA and MUHAMMAD YUSRI HADI BIN MUHAMMAD AZLI have invented an Innovative, Biodegradable, Green and Natural Coagulant - Flocculant - Adsorbent in a single step process from abundantly available biomass waste that can be used as an cost effective oily wastewater treatment. The awards won are:
Grand Final Awards:
1. International Innovation of the Year – Industrial: Platinum
2. International Invention of the Year – Industrial: Double Gold
Semi Final Awards:
1. International Innovation of the Year – Industrial: Gold Medal
2. International Invention of the Year – Industrial: Gold Medal
3. Environment Awards – Natural Earth: Gold Medal
More Articles ...
- Selamat Datang Siswa Siswi Baru Pusat Pengajian Kejuruteraan Kimia Sidang Akademik 2012/2013
- School of Chemical Engineering Lecturers win gold medal at the Korea International Women's Invention Exposition (KIWIE) 2012
- Short Course on Cost Saving in SMIs, 26-27 June 2012
- Prof. Latif Ahmad Wins Rotary Research Gold Medal Awards