2013 SCE USM Engagement with Community
1. On 24-26 October 2013, A Program "An Engineer to Be: A Career Path" has been successfully held with the students of SK Tengku Mahmud, Terengganu. The program aims to draw interest of students to make engineers as their future career choice.
2. A workshop titled "Disabled: Responsibilities and Duties" has been held on June 22nd, 2013 at the Engineering Campus, USM. A total of 150 participants from the Community-Based Rehabilitation (CBR) Nibong Tebal, CBR Puteri Gunung and CBR Bandar Baharu had taken part in the workshop.
3. On February 13, 2013, "USM with SK Sri Kerian Community for Quality Education Sustainability" programme was held and attended by 200 participants consisting of students, parents and teachers of SK Sri Kerian, Parit Buntar, Perak.
4. Assoc. Prof Mohd Azmier Ahmad delivered a speech titled "The influence of spiritual and intellectual intelligence in sustainable life" to 40 students of SMA Shamsul Marif Al-Wataniah, Tanjong Piandang, Perak on November 6, 2013.
5. Assoc. Prof Mohd Azmier Ahmad presented a lecture titled "Production of adsorbent for heavy metal removal from renewable sources: biomass via pyrolysis method" to 64 students from Sekolah Kebangsaan Tengku Mahmud, Terengganu at SCE Seminar Room on October 26, 2013.
6. Dr. Suzylawati Ismail gave a lecture titled "Contribution of membrane technology in sustainable environmental" to 64 students of Sekolah Kebangsaan Tengku Mahmud, Terengganu at SCE Seminar Room on October 25, 2013.
7. Dr. Suhairi Abdul Sata delivered a speech titled "Benefits of Process control for sustainability" to 64 students of SK Tengku Mahmud, Terengganu on October 25, 2013.
8. Assoc. Prof Mohd Azmier Ahmad delivered two lectures in SM Pengkalan Aur, Changkat Jering, Perak, on 26 September 2013:
- Session 1 (133 students) talk titled "Contribution of Chemical Engineering in the Quality of Life"
- Session 2 (113 students) talk titled "Basic Wastewater Adsorption for Environmental Sustainability"
9. A program between postgraduate students of SCE USM student with students from MRSM Transkrian was held on August 27, 2013 in the SCE Lecture Hall. A total of 143 students MRSM and
10 international postgraduate students were involved where they interacted and shared their experiences and at the same time improving their soft skills.
10. Dr. Suzylawati Ismail gave a lecture titled "Motivating parents and pupils" on June 29, 2013 in SM Megat Aris, Tanjong Piandang, Perak. In continuation of the program, Assoc. Prof. Mohd Azmier Ahmad, Dr Khairiah Abd Karim and Dr Masrina Mohd Nadzir also assist the students in their learning.
11. Assoc. Prof. Mohd Azmier Ahmad presented a lecture titled "Harnessing agricultural waste as a renewable adsorbent" to 20 families from Tanjong Piandang Farmers Unit on 22 September 2013.
12. Dr. Suzylawati Ismail and Dr. Ooi Boon Seng delivered a lecture titled "In-Service Training" on May 2, 2013 at SJK(C) Yok Eng, Nibong Tebal, Penang.
13. Dr. Suzylawati Ismail and Dr.Ooi Boon Seng gave a lecture titled "Human Building: Teacher as Agent of Change" on 13 April 2013 at the SJK(C) Seng Keow, Permatang Pauh, Penang.
14. Chemical Engineering Student Society (CHESS) organized the "CHESS Caring Charity" in Community-Based Rehabilitation (CBR) Dohsa Hau, Bau on 30 November 2013. The purpose of this program is to produce undergraduates who are sensitive to current issues and provide an insight to SCE students on the management of children with disabilities.